Monitor Buying Guide
Plasma displays feature the same thin, light weight designs as LCDs without the viewing angle and ambient light limitations. They also feature a bright backlight and a number of different connection options, making them ideal for video conferencing and other presentation needs.
- Excellent Image Quality
- Plasma displays offer extremely vibrant images with high contrast levels and rich colors.
- Selectable Aspect Ratios
- Most Plasma displays feature a number of selectable aspect ratios, making them perfect for multimedia and video presentations
- Very Thin Profiles
- Plasma displays, like LCDs, are incredibly thin and lightweight. They are ideal for small working environments or situations in which you would want to mount your screen on the wall.
- Wide Viewing Angles
- Images projected on plasma displays can usually be seen clearly from any angle, making them ideal for presenting to a number of people.
- No Flicker
- Plasma Displays are designed to run at low refresh rates with no flicker. Eye strain should never be a problem. You should not expect to see any ghosting or other visual artifacts when there is movement on the screen.
- Plasma Displays are by far the most expensive on the market. Of course, for this extra money you are getting some of the finest features on the market today.
- Energy Consumption
- Plasma displays consume considerably more energy than standard LCDs and CRTs.
- Screen Burn
- By their nature, plasma displays are extremely susceptible to screen burning. Screen burning is when a static image is displayed for too long and burns out the individual pixels. A screen saver should always be used to prevent screen damage.
3914 Murphy Canyon Road, A247
San Diego, CA 92123
Monday - Friday
6:00AM - 4:00PM PST