The HP Jetdirect 690n is an affordable network solution offering off-the-shelf wired or wireless functionality, easy installation and configuration, full manageability, and enterprise class security features.
Type: Print Server
Supported Printers: EIO-based peripherals
Flash Memory: 8 MB
Features: Print job buffering, embedded web server, IPP support
System Requirements: Windows 2000; Windows Server 2003; Windows XP Professional; Windows Vista(R); Windows Server 2003 (32/64 bit); Windows Vista(R) x64; Novell NetWare 5.1 or higher; Mac OS X v 10.2; Mac OS X v 10.3; Mac OS X v 10.4 or higher; Red Hat Linux 7.x or higher; SuSE Linux 8.x or higher; HP-UX 10.20, 11.x, 11.i; Solaris 2.5 or higher (SPARC); IBM AIX 3.2.5 or higher; MPE-iX; Citrix MetaFrame Server; Windows Terminal Services
Warranty: 1 Year Warranty
HP JetDirect 690n Wireless Print Server Specifications
Part # J8007G#ABA
Interface (Bus) Type:
English / United States
Ethernet 10Base-T, Ethernet 100Base-TX
Data Link Protocol:
Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g
HP-UX 10.20, SunSoft Solaris 2.5 or later, IBM AIX 3.2.5 or later, Microsoft Windows 2000, HP-UX 11.x, HP MPE/iX, Red Hat Linux 7.0 or later, Microsoft Windows XP Professional, HP-UX 11i, Apple MacOS
Service & Support:
1 year warranty
Service & Support Details:
Limited warranty - replacement - 1 year
Min Operating Temperature:
Max Operating Temperature:
Humidity Range Operating:
0 - 95%
HP JetDirect 690n Wireless Print Server Features
HP Enterprise Wireless Solution
• 802.11g provides wireless printer connectivity to telecommuters and remote offices.
• Use the next-generation network features of IPv6: more IP addresses than IPv4, and IPSec security.
• Affordable: Off-the-shelf functionality and robust security features reduce administration costs.
• Trust in reliable wired or wireless networking backed by a limited one-year HP warranty.
Easy to install and use and broadly compatible
• Easy to install—modular internal card slides into the EIO slot of any compatible HP peripheral.
• Setup is easier with remote installation and fleet options, including improved installation wizard.
• Enjoy support for a wide range of industry-standard operating systems and network protocols.
• Compatible with qualified HP printers with EIO slots, and scalable and upgradeable
Robust, enterprise class security
• Enterprise class wireless security with IPSec, SNMPv3, WPA, WPA2, WEP, AES and TKIP
• The IPSec security feature allows advanced authentication and encryption for business-critical data
• Security features: IPSec, Kerberos, 802.1x, SSL/TLS, ACL, PWD protection, SNMPv3, and IPP over TLS
HP JetDirect 690n Wireless Print Server Included Items
HP Jetdirect 690n IPv6/IPSec 802.11g Wireless Print Server
HP installation software and documentation on CD-ROM
HP JetDirect 690n Wireless Print Server Warranty Information
Duration: One year
Details: Replacement, telephone support determined by regional call center hours; HP e-mail support and user forums available