CipherShield design features a chip embedded in the access key which matches the chip on the controller board. Since CipherShield encrypts data independent of the operating system; removing the drive and connecting it directly to the SATA BUS will not defeat the encryption. Units are supplied with two keys and registration is required for key duplication. Buslink CipherShield AES 128-bit Encryption External Slim drive ensures high level of data integrity and security. The drive will automatically lock down its content once power is shut off. And without both access keys, data will not be seen or accessed in the event of theft or loss of the external drive. All Buslink drives are housed in a stackable metal alloy case which dissipates heat and are pre-formatted for 100% quality control and convenience to the user.
- Product Description: BUSlink CipherShield Slim Line DSC-160-U2, hard drive, 160 GB, Hi-Speed USB
- Type: Hard drive, external
- Form Factor: 2.5"
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 3 in x 5.3 in x 0.5 in
- Weight: 7.1 oz
- Capacity: 160 GB
- Interface Type: Hi-Speed USB
- Data Transfer Rate: 480 Mbps
- OS Required: Microsoft Windows 2000, Microsoft Windows XP, Apple MacOS X 10.2.8 or later, Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Windows Vista
- Power Source: Included AC adapter
- Manufacturer Warranty: 1 year warranty
|Hard Drive |
|Expansion / Connectivity |
|Software / System Requirements |
|Manufacturer Warranty |